Deliver the category activities as required by the Category Head. Support the development of Business needs analysis, supply market research and sourcing plans which support the effective development and delivery of Category Strategy. Develop and execute sourcing plans and activity as assigned by the Category Head. Manage high-quality internal customer relationships and external supplier relationships. Contribute to the development and delivery of performance excellence and the meeting of internal Key Performance Indictors. Support the Supplier Relationship Management Program through the effective measurement and management of the supply base. Manage data and reporting needs as directed by the Category Head.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities)
- Support the sourcing team in the development and creation of breakthrough category strategies, over 1-3-5-year time horizons, which visibly support and deliver Business requirements, goals and strategies, optimise leverage, whole life costs and short, medium and long-term value.
- Implement a procurement plan for the category (ies) and manage the ongoing requirements and development of contracts.
- Ensure that commercial leverage is maximised with all key suppliers, applying competitive selection processes.
- Manage the relationship with key suppliers, measuring suppliers against KPIs. Develop increased, measurable and sustainable added value from the category supply base
- Draft and negotiate agreements with suppliers as directed, ensuring proper legal principles are applied.
- Record and report achieved savings and benefits
- Liaise with relevant internal departments and key internal stakeholders on Procurement and Category issues
- Constantly develop and deliver data analysis such as supply market intelligence, market dynamics, cost drivers, potential, and knowledge of internal business needs, proactively identify threats and opportunities to increase and protect value, optimise business performance and minimise risk exposure.
- Participate in cross-functional sourcing teams as directed.
- Identify, select and develop new supplier relationships to support future business needs.
- Continuously and proactively identify and communicate cost reduction, risk and service improvement opportunities
- Ensure competent contract frameworks to support strategic supplier relationships.